Have you been hurt somewhere and it wasn’t your fault? Maybe it was an accident, maybe due to negligence. Perhaps this injury is hurting your daily life and making the things you normally do difficult. It may be time to contact a personal injury lawyer and pursue this.
How to find a lawyer
If you feel you need a personal injury, by all means, use one. You may need to file and settle a case, and a lawyer who specializes in personal injury will be invaluable to you. While searching, make sure you are specific in locality, like personal injury lawyer San Francisco. Asking around is another good idea. Maybe a friend has used a personal injury lawyer, or maybe a friend personally knows one they would recommend. It’s a small world, you never know who may know someone, and word of mouth a great way to find a lawyer.
But why exactly do you need a personal injury lawyer? There could be different reasons, so let’s look at a few of them:
- Slip and Fall – If you were on someone else’s property and you fell due to some sort of negligence, you may be entitled to some compensation. Some examples of slip and fall cases can result from dangerous conditions such as changes in flooring, poor lighting, a wet floor or torn carpeting. Also things like potholes or hidden hazards like roots in the ground or icy conditions can lead to slip and falls resulting in injury. Any of these things can contribute to unsafe conditions and cause a fall. Because they could be prevented, it’s usually considered negligence and could be grounds for a case if injuries are sustained.
- Auto Accidents – If you have been injured in a car, motorcycle or other vehicle accident, and it was not your fault, you could be awarded compensation. Depending on what and how you have suffered, your compensation could consist of coverage for your medical bills, time off of work, pain and suffering or even emotional distress. Some of these things are easier to prove than others, but all will require some sort of documentation. This is where a lawyer can help out. Things like road rage , reckless driving, and driving under the influence will fall into this category.
- Medical Malpractice – This is when a health care provider does not provide patient care that is acceptable. This is a difficult type of personal injury to prove, but a serious one all the same. If there can be proof of negligence, you may have a case. Sometimes things like a wrong diagnosis or wrong care given fall into this category. It can be difficult to state what the standard care should be, and why malpractice occurred, but here is where that personal injury lawyer can help you out.
- Dog bites – If a dog bites you and his owner was not responsible in controlling him, you could file a personal injury lawsuit. Most states have leash laws or some type of law requiring that dog owners keep the dogs under control. When this doesn’t happen, the owner can be liable. However, there is the dog bite rule that some states have that you must prove it’s not the first time the dog has bitten someone. Again, a lawyer can do all the work for you.
- Worker’s Compensation – This is a pretty common one, and you can be awarded worker’s compensation for a few different reasons. If you fell on the job, or if something fell on you, you could be awarded compensation. You could also get it if you are injured from repetitive movement, like carpal tunnel syndrome or over exertion on your back.
Any of these scenarios could happen; some are more difficult than others to prove. If you have been injured in any of these ways, it may be worth seeking a personal injury lawyer to help you file and win a case. You could be awarded a large amount of compensation to get you through a tough painful time, both emotionally and physically. A lawyer will know how to handle the case, what to ask and what to prove. You shouldn’t have to suffer alone.
Image Source: http://d35gqh05wwjv5k.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/85e4522595efc69f496374d01ef2bf13/1435184457/h/e/heavy-duty-floor-stand-signs-88312-lg.png